Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Enjoying the Quietness

Ah... quietness... I've just been cruising along, staying in the moment, and playing farm with Da Pook. Yup. The last two days I've been "Simon" the lamb (named from a precious moments movie) and she's been "Wilbur" the pig (yes, from Charlotte's web).

I've also been doing the usual work, and enjoying the time I have before swim lessons and Kindermusik start up. And... I've got a new sitter coming in on Fridays, who is amazing with my little angel. Which will work out nicely, as I'll also be working on creating a new course. I'm SO excited for this course, because it's strictly for students who want to take it and improve their writing. Instead of starting out with an A, and the grade getting lowered due to errors, students start with a zero, and have to work it from there. I'm very, very excited about this course.

I'm feeling good, because right now, I'm on top of things. I feel good. I sense fall. My door is now adorned with a sweet little fall wreath, and I got crafty and bought some slate where I wrote these words:

To our friend who enter here:
May you be humbly best
Lay your burdens at the door
You are our honored guest

This is from Seven Times the Sun (I think)

In any case, I've been a bit crafty. I think it's the fall.

Oh, and I must mention. While debating over which binder organizer I wanted to get at the store on Saturday, dear hubby wandered off with da Pook. When I was done, he asked me to follow him. So, I did... to the clothing section... where, he showed me 3 long sleeved shirts that can be used for casual, business, or dressy attire. And, I might add, he looks damn sexy in them.

The shirt resulted in him cleaning out his closet. Gone are the pleated front khaki pants (I swear, these should just be outlawed for anyone!). Gone is the pin-striped suit. Gone is the oversized sport coat. On Monday, after signing Pook up for swim classes, we stopped off at Kohl's, where my love picked up two dress pants, jeans that aren't 3 sizes too big, two spiffy button downs (one long sleeved and one short), a jacket that fits, and then came home where he cleaned out the closet even further, and even resulted in gaining two more sweaters, that sadly belonged to me. Fortunately, he looks mighty good in these too. (Hey, I used to love the bagginess of men's clothes, until I woke up and realized that I'm actually a medium in ladies sizes. But that's another story!)

Did I mention he's even mentioned getting dressier T-shirts to wear? Just TRY to hold me back!!! Not that he has or anything... ;)

2 comments:

Phil Romans said...

Oddly, I can't recall the last time I bought new clothing, for work, for whatever.
Damn.

Playful Grace said...

No, not odd in the least. Most men I don't know, don't go shopping very often, if at all, unless they absolutley have to. Okay, save for hubby's brother, who used to shop for clothes a lot.

Hubby was wearing clothes that were just WAY too big. I'm betting, that if he fit into them, he wouldn't even be worried about it.

But then... I've gotten on this kick about really thinking about my own clothes, and buying things with two purposes where I cans.

For instance, my shirts can be worn on a daily basis, or dressed up. I do have some dressy clothes, but even those I can revamp to fit a casual look.

And, I think that it's been catching on with hubby. Or, maybe he was tired of looking grungy, while I looked so well put together. ;) Just kidding love...

The funny thing is, and why I think some enjoy it so, is that shpping can be an art form. Plus, when you put forth the challenge of creating a wardrobe that can serve multiple functions, and then, when you find those colors that look really good on you...

Oh my... I am digressing!