It’s been quiet on this end. I’m on vacation you see, and I’ve been having a marvelous time. On Monday, I had a lovely day spent with a dear friend of mine, and had lunch with someone I’ve known most of my life, but who I’m excited about reconnecting with. (And who I’m very thankful for treating us to lunch – Thanks!) That evening I met up with other dear friends, where I was treated to even more good conversation, and the best steamed crabs ever. Tuesday and Wednesday were spent with family, today with more friends, and tonight, I had the pleasure of reminiscing and chatting with Charming – in person after 5 years.
Charming, I didn’t get a chance to tell you, that you look wonderful, and that talking with you tonight was simply lovely. In fact, it was very healing for me as we reminisced about the past and I was able to talk about things I hadn’t thought about in years, only to realize that I could look back and laugh now. It was so nice to know, that regardless of the space between us, we’ll always have that connection. I feel as though you’ve got some really wonderful things in store for you in the coming months.
After talking with Charming, I’ve decided, that I want to write about other people in my lives, who’ve touched my life in some way. However, I’m going to give them nicknames. This way, you can have fun guessing who is who (just don’t post real names if you figure it out please, although you can ask in regards to clues or initials), and, get to see my perspective of the individual’s presence in my life.
My visit here has been full, but healing for me on many levels. I feel as though I’ve been reconnecting with bits of who I was and who I am. It’s been an interesting journey this week. Emotionally all over the place, but, it’s working itself out.
I wish I had another week to be here. It’s been nice not having to plan things, coordinate schedules, and rushing around. Instead, I’m just enjoying things as they are, and what I have. That’s all I can do. Be present and enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment