Today, I was greeted by my daily bit of Ralph. The article's title was "Who you know you must be" and the first question asked me if I was having trouble getting motivated to move toward my dream. I paused, and wondered, do I even have a dream? Do I have a purpose?
I really had no clue.
Some friends gave me great advice on how your dreams and purpose can change from day-to-day. That we can grow and change, and our dreams and purpose with them. Thus, it is good to be able to go with the flow, and focus on the present moment.
As I sit here, typing with my youngest sleeping in my arms, I realized that I was holding one dream, and sitting next to another who was adding to a picture of a zoo in her work book. I'm married to my other dream, and live in another. Four out of four dreams come true - was not too shabby.
As for purpose, I've always associated that with the bigger picture. As in, what is my impact on others, or the world? But what if my purpose involved my 2 little dreams before me? What if my purpose was the care and nurturing of these two precious souls? What if I had more than one purpose?
Within me, I feel something stirring forth from the depths where I've buried thoughts like this. I'm not sure what my purpose is, or even how to expand on it. I'm not sure what my current dreams are...
And that, is actually okay with me right now. When the time is right, or if it's needed, I suppose I'll figure it out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment