This weekend, I shall celebrate another birthday. Pook, ensures me that it will be the "best birthday ever", for in the eyes of a 7YO, each birthday is better than the next. And, I happen to agree with her. She is quite smart you see.She also informed me that I should celebrate it the entire month. (I mentioned she was a smart one!) So, I decided that I would. I'm taking this month to relax and enjoy my family. I will not be formally homeschooling. I plan to spend time at a pool or two (there is something about water in the summer). Enjoy the summer breezes (it's been heavenly this week). Play lots of games (someone is learning checkers). Read for enjoyment as well as to learn. And to take the time to pause, breathe, and enjoy things like cooking and food prep.
Squeak has been having a lot of break throughs, so I want to make sure that we take the time to nurture and celebrate how far she's come, and how close she is. I want to give her attention as she works on her sensory issues. She's been inspired by a new friend, and I don't want to loose that. I also want to make sure Pook is getting her fair share of attention as well.
So, I'm listening to my heart and slowing down. I want to savor things - life, moments, food, and people for a while. I want to take the time to walk slowly, breathe slowly, do things without feeling like I "have to" or feeling rushed. I want to box this feeling of slowness up and give it to you my dear readers as a gift.
I want time to think, to be, to figure out what I want to do with my life and what is currently happening in my life. I don't know if changes will be made. I hope to make a few. I do know, that I'm treasuring this month. I'm looking at it with the wonder and joy that Pook does.
No comments:
Post a Comment