2009 has been an incredible year. I've made and reconnected with some wonderful people. I let go, and in return made room for something so much better. I've realized many things about myself and relationships in my life.
I've doubted myself, and felt that I wasn't good enough, only to rise from the ashes and realize, that I'm not only good enough, I'm a mighty fine person with a big heart.
It's been a year of realizations, adventure, and stepping out of my comfort zone. All good things, I assure you.
In purple are my comments about each focus I'd planned for this year. It's always amusing to look back on what I've written. I managed to accomplish most of these. Not happy with a few of these though.
1. I am honoring myself.
I am changing my thinking so that it is more positive. I release and let go of negative thoughts and relationships. I create a positive environment to thrive.<-Done.
I am eating more nutritiously for myself and family. (We are cutting out high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils. We are increasing our vegetable and fruit intake. We are eating more fresh and less processed foods.)<-We started this journey... now, we're going to up it a notch I think.
I am moving and exercising regularly. (yoga, walking, dancing, pilates) I am encouraging and supporting hubby in doing this too. <-Done, although not happy with where I've been the last few weeks.
2. Living consciously with awareness and joy.
I am willing to be present in the moment, and to really just enjoy the moments and life. I am basking in laughter, gratitude and joy, and I am willing to encourage, inspire and share these with others.<-This was a bit of a challenge. I need to regroup on this.
3 Finances - spend wisely and consciously.
We are putting more into savings, spending wisely, and eliminating expenses where able.<-Well... this year we spent more than we'd have liked. So, I'm not happy with this.
4 Simplicity
I am keeping things simple by saying no when needed, respecting my boundaries, and keeping things uncomplicated. <-Done for the most part. I keep up with keeping out the clutter and maintaining that which might come in.<-Didn't keep up with this as much as I'd like. Got a bit derailed. Have a new perspective as well.
5 Honoring Others
I am enhancing my relationships through encouragement, nurturing, love and joy. I forgive myself and others for not meeting expectations. <-Done. Actually managed to reconnect with some amazing people.
I am looking into places to donate to. Currently, we donate to http://www.heifer.org/. I am looking into http://www.kiva.org/. Suggestions are welcome.<-Done. Donated to heifer. Not so sure about Kiva though... maybe because could find anyone I was comfortable lending too.
I continue:
-to be aware of the blessings in my life, and continue my connection with appreciation and gratitude.<-Done.
-to incorporate internal rhythms with life's rhythms. Learning to listen to what I need. Listening to my intuition. <-Done. Took until the end of this year... and I'm there.
- to maintain a home environment of peace, love, nurturing and joy.<-Had a few rough patches, however, and overall, think I did pretty good with this.
To Complete:
- Get a shed for out back <-Done.
- Create play area in the back <-Done.
No comments:
Post a Comment