It's chilly today... you can feel it in the house. It's been overcast all day... adding to the feeling of autumnal bliss. My youngest is sleeping, and my eldest is entertaining herself. It's been another day that has not gone quite as planned, and it's okay. I'm getting quite adept at going with the flow. I think as a mother (or parent in general), that is your best best.
Both kiddos were up at 5:30am, so I had to tweak my routine. I'm itching to get rid of things again. Hubby says that it's because it's autumn, and I'm always wanting to purge at this time of year. He's right.
I did manage to get some of the house clean today, amidst the schooling and working (that I should be doing now). There are a few things I've found to purge, and I'm wondering just how long I will be able to go before I end up letting myself just go at it.
There are so many things in this house that are unused, or not kept in a convenient place. And, when you have two or more little ones (two-legged or four), everything having a place where the parental units can find things makes life much easier.
It's also brought to light some mental things that are in needing of purging as well.
In any case, once the toddler wakes, Pook and I are planning on snuggling up with some Halloween DVDs... maybe even popcorn. We'll see. It's that kind of day. I'm rather hoping tomorrow is too... Pook doesn't have much school to do... and I've found some neat rainbox yarn that she's asked me to crochet into a scarf. Lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment