Over at the blog The Happiness Project, there's a nifty article with Six tips for designing your happiness commandments. The blog consists of the memoirs of Gretchen Rubin, and her year trying out a variety of happiness principles. It's pretty interesting.
So her post got me thinking about my own commandments for happiness, which I don't have and aren't set in stone, but found interesting to ponder.
Here's what I've come up with so far, in no particular order:
1 Breathe.
2 Enjoy it now; who knows when later will be?
3 Make the most of the moment. "Be in awe."- The last one is from the site.
4 Let it go.
5 Be aware of expectations; expect nothing, and possibilities are open.
6 After acceptance, comes freedom.
7 Go outside (or bring the outside in).
8 Forgive (myself and others).
9 Read more.
10 Be polite and respectful.
11 Smile often.
12 You don't "have to" and you can say "No" and leave it at that.
13 Enjoy.
What are your commandments for happiness, if you have any?
PS. I LOVE this article too, about her "spending out", or, hoarding new underwear. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment