Monday, December 17, 2007

A day on the couch (aka thoughts running rampid)

I should add the disclaimer, that my head's rather fuzzy. So, this may or may not make sense.

Well, this weekend I ended up with the lovely cold that Pook started with last week. I started with it yesterday. Today, I've got the fever part of it. So, I'm staying on the couch, with the game plan to read, rest, and relax.

Sitting here on this couch (I spent most of Sunday on it), has given me time to think about things. I made a huge bunch (small army) of fabric Christmas trees. Which I spent the weekend decorating (sewing buttons on) with the help of my awesome hubby and Pook's guidance. And, I came to a very valuable revelation after the 5th or 6th tree...

Why was I making them? Yes, they are cute. But what can you use them for? I'm using some to decorate our house and windows. Others went to teachers and others are going to grandmas, and some to friends. I've still got too many.

As I was sewing the buttons on, it hit me. Why am I doing this to myself? Yes, I enjoying making things and doing crafts, but I don't make them to sell. So, why was I doing this to myself? And how can I not do this again?

Well, the head is fuzzy, and, as much as I could blather on about things, I'm afraid it would become intelligible babble, which, would rather defeat the purpose, or, would it?

Yeah, it's time to lay down and rest the head for a bit.

2 comments:

staciecm said...

Just a suggestion - if you have extra, a local nursing home may appreciate them.

Phil Romans said...

Feel free to decorate my home as I am horrible at doing anything creative.