Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Summer on its Way

Yesterday, we picked daisies growing in the grass outback. We opened the windows and let the outside in. The fresh air cleared the staleness from the house.

I love the change in light throughout the year. Especially when in winter I want to hole up and embrace the darkness and curl up in soft blankets. In summer, I love the longer days of light. And how I wake earlier with the light. The yearly rhythm brings me joy.

Today, my youngest made her way out to me, where I sat clearing out my computer. I held her in my arms, planting kisses upon her sleepy head.

There are some changes in the air... some changes that I need to make and that will be better for our family. I can "see" them, through the fog... and part of me admits to being a bit scared to make them. It's time to make them though.

No comments: