We've been unraveling here and there - those things that haven't been working. In some cases we've started over, only to realize that doesn't work either. Some parts that are left, have a good foundation, and we've kept that. Other things, are being unraveled completely. And there are still those favorite project that are finished and just right that are being kept. It's all good.
It's time for a change. There are only a few trees left with their leaves, and soon those too will change and fall, leaving the trunk of the tree bare and easy to see. In many ways, I feel that in our own family, we've been shedding our "leaves", and now we are getting a clear look at what has been under them. And, in order to grow, we realized we'd benefit with a bit of pruning and going within.
Hubby and I have been taking a good look at our lives, and we've come to a few realizations/revelations:
- We aren't eating as healthy as we could be, and the affects are showing.
- We also need to start seriously looking into recipes for Squeak. Right now, she's still working through her eating issues. Eventually though, she'll be eating real foods. Which means we're enjoying eggs and wheat while we can. Eventually, it'll be banned from the house.
- When things get to us, we have turned to food or material things. This has not benefited our finances in the least.
- We've not been keeping up with the decluttering - and it's showing.
- It's time to be more aware of our spending. This year, we've not been keeping track, and it's showing. It's time to reel it in.
- Our attitudes have been, as of late, not the best they can be. Lack of sleep has left us a bit snippy, and it's reflected through our house. So, it's time for a shift.
- We've discovered (or rediscovered in many cases) a positive and supportive network of friends who have been incredibly amazing, helping us to grow and change in many ways.
- We are realizing what's most beneficial for our family, and taking steps to make it happen.
1 comment:
I never did comment about the letting go post but I have been mulling it around in my head and it makes so much sense to me! I was thinking of sharing with my mom but she tends toward the negative spin so now I'm thinking of keeping it to myself. ;)
Will eggs and wheat eventually be completely banned? Too hard to keep from cross-contaminating? I don't think of myself as a huge fan of either but as soon as I was told "no more", I'm sure I'd panic!
Post a Comment