Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Bit of Earth

In June, I watched Pook scatter seeds. We had no real plan, we only wanted to get them in the ground and hoped they'd grow. We didn't even water them. At that point, I'd given up on gardening. Remember this post?

And then, today, I went to our bit of earth, our "veggie" garden.
I came back with this:


To be fair, my husband's already planning how it will be more organized for next year. Me? I'm just plum happy that I, little old me, have a vegetable garden. It's weedy, and I'm not exactly sure what's growing in it, but today I harvested cucumbers (and there are more!) and lettuce, found mini corns, a mini-melon, have chives and mint...

And did I mention... that I also put in an order today for autumn bulbs to be used in tandem with a project based on the Secret Garden movie and book? But you see... I'm not a gardener... ;)

No comments: