Sunday, August 16, 2009

Best Compliment Ever

This has been an interesting year for me in terms of relationships. There has been a lot of pain, a lot of joy, and a lot of healing. As summer comes to and end, I have realized that I've been truly blessed this year.

I've reconnected with old friends, made new ones, and found something that I was missing. I've found people that I can let go and just be me with. There's no fear of judgment from them, nor that feeling of inadequacy as a friend or person. There are no limits or measurements. I can just let go, and be me. And the beauty is, that I've been discovering more of me in the process.

This has been a full summer of traveling, family and friends. It's been a summer of healing, of pushing boundaries, of whirlwind travel. It's been a summer of fun and love, of creating JOY. Where as my heart was once feeling the pain, it's filled to the brim and pouring over with love. I've been so scared to open my heart. And then when I did, I found only love.

And then this morning, I read this in my email:

"It's rare to find people that we are just free to be ourselves around. You are definitely one of these people for me, and I am SO happy to be one of those people for you. I feel at home with you. It's that simple, that beautiful, and that profound. "

Yes my friend, yes it is.

No comments: