How long had it been? I couldn't remember the last time. I watched as the water started to fill up the tub. I plopped in the bubble bar and watched in delight as the lavender scent filled the room, the water turned the same shade and there were bubbles - lots of bubbles.
Soon there was a tub of lavender bliss. I wasted no time submerging my feet, legs, and body. Immediately, my muscles that were so tight began to relax and loosen. I felt the challenges and stress of the last few weeks melt off into the water. I lay there, noting the feel of water as it embraced my skin, letting my body let go, and just letting myself feel.
The tempting book I'd brought in to read lay where I'd left it. I didn't want to move; I needed to soak. I soaked in the feel of the water. I soaked in my thoughts about the recent events in my life. I realized my grumpiness had stemmed from giving and giving, and it was time for me to nurture me. It was time for me to receive. So I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment