Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dealing with the Dailies

Yesterday, my 11 month old started with an incredibly stuffy nose. Last night, she had a fever and didn't sleep well at all. Today, both kiddos have it.

Tissues are everywhere. The kids are sneezing in sync or one after the other. Although, the baby seems to be sneezing less and less congested. My eldest is not feeling well, and being sure to let me know.

And the house... well, I'll leave that to your imagination.

In the past, this would've knocked me for a loop. However, I've been noticing a subtle, welcome change in my life. Gradually, my perspective has become more focused on the positives. I like seeing the light in others and situations where most see only despair or something negative.

More and more, I'm starting to realize that life is not just what you make it; it's how you percieve it. I can choose to let this day get me down, or, I can look for the positives. Or, I can let myself feel overwhelmed, and then refocus. After all, sick kiddos means lots of snuggles for this momma. And yeah, last night was challenging and this morning I'm feeling as though I could've used a full night's sleep.

But ya know what? I'm just going to take this sweet babe who's in my arms and give her a good dose of lovin' along with the elder one. And, I'm going to enjoy it.

No comments: