If you only knew, how I really felt,
how much I've tried to reach out to you,
to be there for you.
If you only bothered to stop and listen,
then maybe, just maybe, you'd get a different view,
instead of the one you've imposed upon me.
If you only took the time to get to know me,
to see what's behind the exterior,
then maybe, just maybe, you'd find the real story,
as opposed to the one you've created.
If you let go of the judgments,
released your expectations of me,
looked past the walls you've created,
your own jealousy and envy,
you might find we're not so different.
If only you were aware of how many times
I've sought your approval,
your help, your guidance,
then maybe we'd be in a different place
than where we are.
copyright 2009 Playful Grace
4 comments:
must be the seasson to write poems... I posted one of mine in 2 posts ago. I like yours, its so melancholy. . . and honest of your feelings. Love it.
I'll have to check them out!
That's beautiful, Dani!
Now I just have to figure out if I fit the viewpoint of author or recipient better. ;)
OT, I had a very vivid dream about you last night...giving birth...to a boy!
Hi RoseAnn! Yes, that's what I love about this poem - at times it goes one way, at times the other way, and at times both. :)
That's funny about your dream. Pook keeps telling me that she is positive I'm going to have her brother. As she says, " Mommy, you just need to get pregnant again." She actually often refers to having a brother... I'd just like to get through the toddler years with the youngest first!
Post a Comment