My sweet Dove (aka Pook II the sequel), is now three weeks old. (We call her Dove as she "coos" in her sleep.) It feels as though it has been much longer. Time is short with the breastfeeding, working on proper latching, pumping, and feedings. Pook wants to play and needs to eat too. The computer is no longer a priority, but something I might spend a brief 5 minutes on here or there providing I get a moment from Dove and Pook doesn't need me.
And I've still got another 3 weeks before I pick up with work again.
I know it's only been 3 weeks, and that things will settle into more of a routine and rhythm as we go along. I see it in little things - like the cleaning up after meals and pumping.
I've decided that my hubby is the world's best kept secret. Not only is he awesome and great; he's been such a blessing with all of the help he's been offering. He was only able to take off 2 weeks this time, and he is immensely helpful with feedings, cleaning, and making sure Pook gets time in there too. Even if he is sacrificing his sleep in the process.
For now, parts of our life are on hold. The homeschooling routine (the set curriculum books and projects) is on hold, though we are always learning. The house is not as neat as it once was, and in regards to food, we do what we can. I've found that while pumping, I can get reading done. Maybe I'll be able to do it if the nursing continues to improve as well. We shall see.
For now, I'm going with the flow, watching things develop, and learning a lot with how I prioritize things. I've got some decisions to make in the next few months, in particular when I return to work. Maybe I'll find time to write about that later. But for now, my time on here is up as Dove is calling and Pook wants to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment