I can hear Pook's giggles dancing to my ears from the bathroom where she plays with Daddy. For the last two days, I've had to sequester myself from her and dear hubby, to keep from getting the flu as I can't take the Tamiflu they are taking.
They've been camping out in the guest room, where Daddy can administer medicine in the middle of the night. On Friday, her fever of 105 nearly put me over the edge. But today, I've gotten sleep.
In the last 48 hours, I've had to let go of a lot of things. The hardest has been taking care of my little one. But today, today she LAUGHS, she smiles, she plays! She no longer lays around looking like a discarded rag doll. Her eyes are still blood shot from the raise in temp, but they smile again.
5 things that have brought me happiness and joy today:
1 - Seeing Pook vibrant and hearing Pook laugh.
2 - Watching Hubby be such a great dad, and take care of his little one.
3 - Pook telling me how much she loves us, and how the hearts she drew represented us.
4 - Getting a call from L to see if she could pick up anything for us.
5 - Having friends call to check in on us and see how we are doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment