It used to just be my astrological sign; the symbol of a shy crab who pulls into a shell when needed. But lately, it's an all too common word. You see, both my grandfathers had it. My father had the beginnings of prostate cancer. They caught it too late in my grandfather. Both my uncles have had treatment for it as well.
And then, there are the multiple friends who've lost a parent (or two) to cancer.
Last night, we found out that the biopsies of my FIL's prostate came back positive. He has met with his doctors, and it looks as though the course of treatment will be 25 sessions of radiation ended with the seed implantations.
This morning, I find out my dear friend's MIL has breast cancer.
I find myself in this void of sorts, one I'm not sure how to explain. But, there it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment