Monday, March 26, 2007

March's Song

It's early morning, and I'm snuggled in bed before sunrise, serenaded by the bird songs outside my window. I want to learn these songs, at least know which birds sing them. There songs, as well as the daffodils blooming in my sweet garden, have assured me that spring is indeed here.

Things have been so "full" around here lately. I refuse to use the word "busy", because even though a lot is going on, I feel fulfilled. This weekend, I attended a workshop of sorts on Saturday, was blessed to get a night out with two other moms (sans kiddos) for dinner, and then yesterday, was so full, and left me feeling tired but estatically happy.

We (hubby) flipped the mattress and laundered the bed linens. The weather was 70s. We went to the park and walked it twice round (Pook rode her trike.) We opened the windows and aired the house. Did more laundry, organized the basement a bit (which had fallen to the wayside a bit as we found we had more important things to do - like having fun!), played with Pook, and then she fell to sleep, and I got quality chatting time with my love. The perfect end to a full day.

Today, I'm up early and though a bit tired, I am happy and feel full. It's another day of things, but instead of dreading it, I'm looking forward to those little, precious moments I get with my family. This week, March will come to its end on Saturday, and on Sunday, sweet April begins and brings more fullness.

I am excited, because April is proving to be a full month of family and friends, and, the twins will be trecking down for a visit. And I treasure their visits so very much!

A dear friend of mine jokes that you know it's summer at her house because the cleaning part falls to the side, as the call of the outdoors pervades. Though we haven't hibernated as much as we'd have liked this winter, I refuse to let it hold me back from the newfound fullness of spring.

Besides, it's brought forth it's own blessings to our little family, as it's opened up communications as to what we need, and how to arrange things to fit.

This morning, I am filled with fullness and gratitude for the many blessings in my life. One, sleeping softly in her own bed. The other, writing passionately in the other room. He too, has awken early, pushed aside the tiredness for a few quiet, early morning moments of peacefulness. I am so proud of him, of us.

No comments: