Today looks to be a snowy day. It's a light snow, but beautiful none-the-less. It looks to be laying about now. I'm sure once I open the curtains, Da Pook is going to want to play. I only wish da hubby was home to be able to enjoy it with us.
Ah well.
Seems as though the affimations have been working overtime. Here I started just focusing on the basics this week, what absolutley needed to be done, and dang if I didn't end up doing a ton more by baking the rest of the pumpkins and making pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread. Go me!
Today will be about baking a cobbler for desert, and getting the veggies prepped for our dinner guest tonight. On the menu - hubby's famous stuffed mushrooms, Cornish hens, spaghetti squash, and cauliflaur and brocolli (possibly steamed, but not sure), and my homeade berry cobbler topped with freshly whipped cream and hot cocoa lattes for desert. Can we say NUMMY?
Tomorrow I'm having a ladies' tea for four friends. I created some herbal teas that look very pretty (red clover, chamomile, burdoch, speariment, lemon balm, lemon verbana - in varying combinations). Hopefully they'll taste as good. We'll see. I'm excited to use the china, and set everything up. I love entertaining, but it's so much more fun when done on a small scale.
I'm looking forward to the weekend. And, though I hope it won't snow tomorrow, because I'd really like to have the tea, I'm cool either way. It just means family snow time.
2 comments:
Where'd ya get the teas from?
I made 'em using herbs a friend of mine grew organically in her own backyard haven m'dear.
If I've got any left after the party, and they're good, maybe I'll send ya some to try.
Post a Comment