Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Birthday my sweet Chicadee-dee-dee!

Today, you are 7, and you are so excited that you are 7. In the last year I've caught glimpses of you transitioning from child to little lady. You are both, and now and then there are sweet glimpses of each.

I can still remember the day that you were born. It was sunny and warm. We had the check up with the midwife, and I was good to go. I remember the strength of our midwife, the serene peace that she radiated, and her quiet strength and encouragement. I remember Daddy sitting behind me in the tub, supporting me as I pushed you out. I remember seeing you for the first time, holding you to my chest, and singing "Sat nam" to you, and the quietness that followed in the room.

Last night, as I stayed up late decorating the house with streamers (because I knew that you loved them), writing your card, and putting together your birthday books, I held you in my heart.

You have been such an incredible light in my life. Every day you amaze me with your stories, your thoughts, your presence, your essence. Your smile is a light in the darkness. Your hugs and your touch the greatest treasure.

My hear overflows with gratitude for you my now sweet 7YO. I adore you. I love you. I treasure you. You are such an amazing blessing in my life. Happy, happy birthday my love!

No comments: