Monday, September 28, 2009

Quiet and Grief

So much going on in my mind... and not enough clarity to put it into words. Then again, maybe there's too much going on to write about. I have become aware, that some quiet time might be needed, and that maybe, I need to allow myself some time to grieve. My grief stems not from the death of a person, but from some other things that I have lost or have let go of (or in the process of letting go of).

So while I grieve, I am aware that I need to step back, and be quiet, and focus on a few things. I am blessed that I have a brother who loves me, and who I had an amazing weekend with. I am blessed that I get along so well with my dearest SIL - his wife, and my sweet nephew.

I am grateful that I work from home, enabling me to be with my children. I am grateful that I have a home over my head, and that I can live the life I choose. I am grateful for so many things... and this helps my grief.

So quietly I go into autumn... and like the trees letting go of the leaves, it is again time for me to shed a few leaves of my own.

No comments: